Journaling is something I have always wanted to start but when it came to putting pen to paper without much intent as well as the pressure I used to put on myself to make each page look pretty always led to it being a short lived experience.
This new year I want to utilise a journal for its purpose – a stress release instead of a stress builder. Ultimately there are no rules when it comes to journaling but if you are like me sometimes without a prompt writing is a challenge. That is why I have constructed a list of 10 journaling prompts I plan on using during my first ‘proper’ month of journaling.
What is journaling?
Journaling is the act of expressing your deepest thoughts and feelings by putting words to your inner life and then putting these words on paper. … Journaling is a vehicle of emotional exploration, a way to channel difficult feelings into healthy and creative outcomes (source: ShareCare).
My 10 Journaling Prompts for January:
- My top goal for 2021.
- 3 things I am grateful for today.
- What 3 things have you done that make you feel proud?
- Plan a date with yourself.
- Positively describe yourself with 10 words.
- I forgive myself for …
- Three things I am looking forward to.
- 25 things that make you smile.
- One thing that positively surprised me this week.
- A review of the month and what it has taught you.
Do you journal? If so how often do you do it and what are some of your favourite prompts? I may use them next month!